Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The World is Turning Upside Down

This is how I am feeling right now.


All this testing is getting to me. Every three weeks is too much.

Let me show you what is on my plate (and almost every teacher in my district) for the next several days.

Thursday Nov. 6
Grades are due
Make sure all parents have conference reminders
iPad Teacher camp 4:00-6:15

Monday - Friday Nov. 11-15

Monday
regular teaching day

Tuesday
Reading Campus Checkpoint
Parent Conferences until 6:45
PTA program at 7:00

Wednesday
Math Campus Checkpoint
Science Campus Checkpoint
Early Release at 11:55
Staff Development until 3:40
Parent Conferences until 6:00

On top of that… I have iPads this year in my room. I feel so much pressure to do spectacular things. Not really happening. I want to do more with them, but I feel so contained because of these tests we are taking every three weeks. It's like I don't have room to be creative.

Can you say stressed? 
I can!
TESTS!
Oh wait…

Thanks for reading my rant.

1 comments :

Shelly Sitz said...

I know exactly how you feel! Teaching is very stressful and there is never enough time in a day!

Shelly
Smiling and Shining in Second Grade

Post a Comment