Monday, January 27, 2014

Text Support with Popplet


Popplet is a great app for showing knowledge visually.

Today we began reading Seeker of Knowledge from Reading Street (our reading textbook adoption). Our curriculum asked us to have the kids choose a hieroglyph from each page and explain the sentence from the text that provided more information about it. This was a great opportunity for us to use Popplet to showcase our learning instead of writing it on a piece of paper.

Here are a couple:




I was happy with the results. :) They had a time limit of 20 minutes to do this.

**************************
In our literature groups, the kids are reading Geronimo Stilton books. Have you seen them?


I have made QR codes with comprehension activities for the groups to do throughout the book. One of them was to create a Popplet:


This group is reading a different Stilton book.

What have you done with Popplet? I would love to hear your ideas.


1 comments :

Jamie knefely said...

Thanks for sharing this App. I have not heard of this App before, but I love finding out new ideas. I also use Reading Street in my class as well. Thanks for sharing!!!

Jamie

Post a Comment