Monday, February 3, 2014

Big G - Teaching Customary Capacity

It is that time again. Time to teach conversions. It is not a fun time for a 4th grade teacher...

We will make it through this unit. That is my mantra!

Last week I introduced Big G to help my kids remember and visualize the relationships between a gallon, quarts, pints, and cups. This is the story I tell them:

In the land of G, there are 4 queens. Each Queen has a beautiful princess and a handsome prince. Each princess and prince has 2 cats!

(I am not a story teller... I love reading stories, but I am not an actress.) This is just a little thing I say as we draw out Big G. I am sure there are other more well thought out version you can find out there.

This year I wanted my kids to come up with their own story for Big G. Here are a few. I don't know if The Zoo or Goosh the Boat is my favorite.

Land of Geneses

The Zoo

The Garner House (I think it was inspired by Among the Hidden)

Goosh the Boat

What do you think?

Do you have any fun things your kids do with capacity?

3 comments :

lee woo said...

Unhealthy relationships may cause headaches,
stress and a waste of your time. The cure for this is to be single. See the link below for more info.

#unhealthy
www.ufgop.org

Leslie Lim said...

Thanks to the writer of this article. I appreciate your effort in making this informational blogs. I know it's not easy to do this but you have done a really great job. Congrats. I'm pretty sure your readers enjoying it a lots.


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Leslie Lim said...


Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


Rica
www.imarksweb.org

Post a Comment