Monday, March 24, 2014

Expository Writing Examples

Well, we are a week out from our state writing test. Last week we wrote an expository piece.

Prompt: Write about what job you would like to do when you are older. Explain why you would like to do that job.

These examples show several skill levels and range from a 2 to a maybe 4.

This student struggles with quality details. Her sentence structure has come a long way this year though!

A few of these sentences really touched my heart.

This student takes risks with her sentence structure and I admire that.

This girl is going places! I love that she really develops her reasons.

A teacher in the making, right here!

I am talking with this student about making more heartfelt connections.

I just love his voice! His writing is a direct reflection of his great personality.

We don't  have many taxi drivers where we live, so I commend him on branching out.

This student has really grown in her writing this year. We have really worked on writing sentences that make sense. We still have some work to do.

So, this is where we are...

What do you think? Do you teach writing? Do you have any tips for us?

0 comments :

Post a Comment