Thursday, May 1, 2014

Movie Trailers with iMovie

iMovie

is awesome!

On the iPad, you have 2 choices. You can create a movie or a trailer. The trailers are so cool! I had my class create trailers for The City of Ember, since we just finished reading it together.

Here is a tutorial on how to create a trailer in iMovie. Here is another. I didn't show my kids anything. 

I put them in groups of 3-4 and they experimented with the app. They were over the moon about creating these! There was so much excitement in the air. They would ask each other for tips and glory in being able to teach other kids how to insert a video, sound effect, or text. 

Images were pulled from Britannica Image Quest which is a site our district pays for that has royalty free images for classroom use. Some of the kids acted out scenes and inserted those videos. The music is from the app.

Here are a few of their trailers.

video

I love his use of the background. He was the only student to choose this background. His words really enhanced the trailer.


video

I really like that this one has such engaging text. His words really get you interested in the story. He chose an exciting theme because it is a suspenseful story. I was really happy with how his turned out.


video

If you have read the book, you will appreciate the scenes acted out in this video. Some of them made me laugh and others made me so proud of their thought process!

0 comments :

Post a Comment