Monday, June 16, 2014

Google Docs - Part 1


My school district has given all teachers and students access to google accounts and I love it!

I wanted to share a few things I changed this year so that I don't go crazy. It seems that there is so much we have to keep track of during the year and I am notorious for losing papers. There is something about paper and me. I love paper, but I can't seem to keep track of them all year long. It is a problem.

I am also trying to keep things digital, so I started using my Google drive more often. I have tons of storage space.  :)

I chose to use Google Spreadsheets because it is easy to keep things organized and I like being able to have multiple tabs for navigation.


This is last year's everything spreadsheet. I have learned some things and I am streamlining this upcoming year. I am also going to make my tabs look nicer. :)


These are my tabs so far for next year's spreadsheet.

Part 1: Organization for phone numbers, emails, & dates


This is my family information tab in Google Spreadsheets. It is all ready for information to be added in August! I don't like our system that tracks family information of our students, so I put this together. It only holds the information I need on a regular basis. Short and sweet!

I know that many of you like to use Teacher Planners from Erin Condren or others on Etsy or TPT. I yearn for one of those, but I don't think I would put it to good enough use to justify the cost. (pout, pout, pout) This is my teacher planner and I just wanted to share!

Do you have any suggestions?

The next part will be about my testing tabs!

2 comments :

Jessica said...

Great idea both use the spreadsheet to keep track of info. I never thought it use it as a centralized system like that! Genius! As for a planner, I use Planbook, only. I, too, envy all the gorgeous planners, but don't think I can go back to hand writing my plans after doing them electronically for the past few years!

What I Have Learned

Amanda said...

I need to get on the Google bandwagon. I still have a "thumb drive." That's practically a floppy, lol. -Amanda

Post a Comment