Thursday, June 19, 2014

Technology Thursday


I want to share a website today called FreeRice.com.


Do your students need vocabulary practice? Mine have such a limited vocabulary. I have to admit that I am not the best when it comes to vocabulary building. I hate vocabulary worksheets. We learn new vocabulary during read alouds and any other reading we do in class, but I don't feel like those words stick.

I found this website through a friend at school.

I like it because the kids are using synonyms as definitions. They can make connections as they choose a correct synonym. And as they do that, they are giving back to the world.


Isn't that awesome?

You can create classes to track your giving and progress. There are other categories other than vocabulary. They can work on any of these.

2 comments :

Your Thrifty Co-Teacher said...

I LOVE this website. Thank you for reminding me of it. I have not used it in over a year and think it is great that one can learn vocabulary, and give back. Great idea!

Mrs. Jones said...

Thanks for sharing this website! This is great. In July some of the teachers from my school and I are going to do a book study of a vocabulary book called Bringing Words to Life. I'll have to share this website with everyone.
Yesterday, I blogged about some websites I recently learned about, in case you wanted to check them out...
:) Sarah from Mrs. Jones Teaches

Post a Comment