Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cool BTS Finds


I was so excited when I saw these on the top shelf at Walmart. I don't usually spend too much time looking at the top shelf... (I am short.  :)

You slip this over any composition book and voila! It's almost like a binder. Love it.

I put one on my math journal for you to see.

I love that it's clear so the kids can tell whose journal it is, even with supplies in the pouch.


The best part?? They were only 97¢! So of course I got a class set. We are departmentalizing this year, so I am thinking these will be useful.

Next up:


After attending a Gretchen Bernabei workshop and reading up on her writing resources, these are going to come in handy. They are sentence strip post its! She puts a writing rule on an anchor chart and then the kids use that rule in their writing. She asks a few of them to write their sentence using the rule on a sentence strip to add to the anchor chart. 

These probably make me a little too happy...
:)

My cat says hi!

He is a bit of a creeper.


6 comments :

Ashley Dudeck said...

Don't you just love how cats always seem to find their way into our pictures! Love the pouches! Such a fantastic find!!

Ashley
Coffee and Lesson Plans

Mercedes Hutchens said...

I bought those sticky strips today, too. I'm sure they'll come in handy.

scrappymom4Him said...

I found those comp book covers on clearance at my Walmart a couple of weeks ago...50 cents each...score! I too bought my class one. I love that it comes with a pocket to hold materials. I was thinking of using it for reading to carry their book home for logging reading homework. Are you keeping your math journals in them or will you use it for a different subject??

Sarah Boyle said...

I love both of these items - I am going to wal-mart today to look for them! Were the sticky strips from there as well? Thanks, love our posts!

g said...

I have a grand-kitty that looks just like your kitty.

Amanda said...

Whaaat!?! I had no idea these composition cover things even existed. Those would be so great for their writer's notebooks. They always get so trashed and I love to have them design the covers. They look good at the beginning of the year, but look so sad as the year progresses. I'm definitely going to look for those the next time I'm at Walmart. The sticky sentence strips are a great idea too. Walmart again?

Amanda
The Teaching Thief

Post a Comment