Friday, July 11, 2014

Google Form for BTS


This was one of the best things I did last year. You can see I have my form all ready for this year's Back to School night. We have our BTS night the week before school starts, so I won't know any of my kids or parents at this time. Families come to drop off school supplies and meet their new teacher. 

I love that I can email this to parents who don't make it to our BTS night!

This is the one from last year:


I found out that, although it had a lot of good information, it was too long. Parents didn't want to sit at the laptop this long. Plus I didn't really use this information enough to make it necessary.

I think my shorter version will go over much better!

How I Use This Form

  1. Set up 3-4 laptops in the classroom.
  2. Open the link I posted on my class website.
  3. Rotate parents through the laptops. When one finishes, hit the back button, and reopen a new form.
  4. When the night is over, go look at the spreadsheet!
Quick and easy!

3 comments :

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

How do you keep up with clicking back on the laptops? You always have such great ideas. Smiles and stop by anytime.

Becky said...

Love this idea! Switching schools this year, so not quite sure what kind of technology in the room I will have, but hope I can incorporate this somehow!

Nicole Norton said...

How do you find this?

Post a Comment