Monday, July 14, 2014

Monday Made It: Math Word Wall Cards



I saw a pin... I start way too many conversations with that phrase. Do you?

I love this idea! Click the picture to go to the original post.
I wanted to have a better way to focus on math vocabulary this year and this seems like a great solution! I have cards ready for each unit I will teach this year. I will put them on a ring and hang them under the unit name. They are available for easy access for review whenever we need. 
Great, right?

I'm not going to use the yard sticks. I will just staple the cards for the current unit after we discuss them. I will probably put the unit title and cards underneath the current stapled cards. I will put a picture up in August when I get it set up in my classroom.

I didn't want to pay for the cards, so I did some hunting around the internet. I found a great resource.


These are great, but I wanted mine to have a border. I decided not to color code them by unit because of the wall color and my color scheme. My classroom will be aqua, black, and gray with some white. So multicolored word wall cards wouldn't look too great on my aqua wall...


The unit titles have gray chevron backgrounds and the vocabulary cards have a dark gray background.

You can download all 86 pages of my math word wall cards HERE for free!

Units include:
Place Value
Adding & Subtracting Whole Numbers
Multiplication & Division
Patterns
Fractions
Measurement
Geometry

19 comments :

Becky said...

Wow! Thanks for making such a great resource--for free!

Suzy Q said...

I love the yardstick idea, and am so grateful for your cards! Thank you!!

Becca Morris said...

You are very welcome!

Nicole P said...

These are so wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to make them and for your extreme generosity. :)

Mrs. Newman said...

I can't tell you how many times I start conversations with "I saw this pin..."! Glad I'm not the only one! Thank you so much for sharing your hard work. This is a timesaver!

Jenny G. said...

These are SO GREAT!!! Thank you so much for your hard work, and for offering them as a freebie! Wow!

Foreman Teaches said...

Thank you so much for sharing your math word cards!

Kristen Dahlhofer said...

Free! Wow, thank you so much for sharing these word wall cards. So much work!! This is an amazing resource...makes me eager to get back into my classroom and start decorating!

lovelyday said...

Thanks so much!!! These are a great vocabulary word wall resource! I love your take on the original resource, much cuter for sure!!!

Toshio Fish said...

Thank you so much!!! I had a math word wall last year; however, this year math word wall will be better because I will use these amazing cards. Again, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful freebie! I love them and am so excited to use them.

Amanda said...

You are so generous to share this wonderful freebie with everyone! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
Amanda
The Teaching Thief

jasonwhitaker said...

I wasn't able to print the cards. Am I doing something incorrectly?

AuntieEM said...

Thank you for the cards, is there any way to add cards/edit? There isn't a card for the HUNDREDS place for Place Value. Thank you. mtangen@milescity.k12.mt.us

Anonymous said...

I noticed you don't have cards for Hundred's (Place) and Word Form. Would you consider creating them to complete your Place Value set?

Eloisa Ortuno said...

Your word wall cards are awesome. Thank you so much for sharing them! I will begin using them ASAP =)

Chasity Marquez said...

Sooooo generous! Thank you, this is exactly what I've been looking for!

juanita okanlawon said...

Thank you so much. This is perfect for my class! It's free...Thanks!

gigsy said...

this is amazing! thank u! u are awesome!!!

Post a Comment